College Sport Wellington Stakeholder Update – Sport at Alert Level 2, 21 August 2020

Good afternoon students, staff, family members, partners and supporters of College Sport Wellington,

As you will no doubt be aware, the Government has deferred the decision on NZ’s Alert Level status until Monday, August 24.

While we hadn’t anticipated any change to the Alert Levels for this weekend, it does unfortunately push back our planning and communications around Winter Tournament Week.  Given these tournaments are now only 10 days away (week starting August 31), we are acutely aware of the need to communicate (whether they will proceed) to the teams as quickly as possible.  Therefore we will communicate a decision on these tournaments immediately following the Government’s announcement on Monday, regardless of whether the Alert Levels are amended or the decision is deferred again.

In terms of our weekly competitions, matches will continue to be spectator free until Monday.  However we will also review this on Monday in conjunction with our member schools and communicate an update to our stakeholders shortly after.  We sympathise with the sacrifices that friends and family are making, and truly value your contributions.  By reducing the number of people present at games, we are ensuring our schools remain compliant with the Alert Level 2 requirements still in effect.  We ask that you continue to respect the wishes of the schools and ensure they can manage their facilities effectively.

-Bryan Dickinson (Executive Director)