Stakeholder Update – Alert Level 2, 15 February 2021
Dear students, staff, family members, partners and supporters of College Sport Wellington,
As we’re sure you’re all feeling, last night’s news was disappointing and certainly a fly in the ointment for the sporting calendar. However, this was also not unexpected and a return to Level 2 (or higher) was always a possibility. With that in mind, the team at College Sport Wellington are reactivating their Level 2 planning and adapting to the current requirements.
As there have been no changes to the MOE and SPORT NZ Alert Level 2 guidelines, we are relatively well placed in terms of planning for upcoming events. Today the CSW team have been connecting with our partner RSO’s and Councils to confirm arrangements. Based on those conversations, we can confirm the below for the next three days – through until Wednesday night:
• Golf – competition will commence this afternoon, 15 February, subject to Alert Level 2 precautions
• Futsal – season will commence this Tuesday, 16 February, subject to Alert Level 2 precautions
• Senior Touch – start date of weekly competition pushed back until February 23
• Junior Volleyball – competition will commence this Wednesday, 17 February, subject to Alert Level 2 precautions
• Tennis – Boys Regional Champs will proceed this Tuesday, 16 February, subject to Alert Level 2 precautions. Girls Regional Champs will commence next week.
• Tennis – Premier Teams Champs will proceed this Wednesday, 17 February, subject to Alert Level 2 precautions
• Orienteering – will commence this Wednesday, 17 February, subject to Alert Level 2 precautions
• Cricket – student umpire training courses are pushed back until next week
For these competitions/events to proceed under Alert Level 2, we will naturally need to observe the requirements around contact tracing, hygiene and gathering limits etc. In particular this means an observation of the 100 person gathering limit for inter-school events. The CSW Sport Managers will be in touch regarding sport/venue specific arrangements for the upcoming events, but there is an overriding “no spectators” policy in place for the next three days.
Beyond Wednesday, we will be assessing further government updates and communicating plans in the coming days.
We thank you in advance for your support of these measures and fingers crossed we return to Alert Level 1 shortly.
The team at College Sport Wellington