COVID Alert Level 2 – Update (23 June)
Dear Principals, Heads of Sport And College Sport Wellington Stakeholders,
In light of the most recent government announcement regarding Wellington’s return to Alert Level 2, we have made the following decisions:
- Fixtures scheduled to be played this afternoon (Wednesday, 23 June). Where space on the CSW sports calendar allows for reserve weeks, we will postpone today’s fixtures so as to give everyone a bit of breathing room and time to plan appropriately. This means that the following competitions will not take place this afternoon:
- Table Tennis
- Girls Rugby
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Girls Division 2 Football (Wellington, Hutt Valley and Northern pools). However, Girls Prem 1 and 2 Football will still proceed this afternoon. Teams should observe the Alert Level 2 requirements, irrespective of whether the game starts before or after 6pm this evening.
- The Indoor Bowls Tournament will proceed tomorrow (Thursday, 24 June)
- Esports will go ahead tonight as planned
- Decisions on our Thursday, Friday and Saturday fixtures will be advised to schools by mid-morning tomorrow (24 June), following consultation with our partner RSO’s and Council venues. This will include guidance on the presence of spectators at fixtures.
We thank you again for your patience and support as we work through these arrangements. We will be in touch with our stakeholders again tomorrow morning, with further information.
College Sport Wellington Team