CSW Stakeholder Update, 18 February – Events/Competitions in March
Dear students, staff, family members, partners and supporters of College Sport Wellington,
Following on from our earlier communication regarding February events and competitions, College Sport Wellington has been working with its partners to map out how March can look. Firstly, we want to reiterate that where possible, and in line with the COVID Protection Framework, we are endeavouring to keep school sport going. There will be times when individual fixtures cannot go ahead due to isolation rules etc, but these will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
With that in mind, College Sport Wellington can confirm at this time that the majority of sanctioned competitions and events will proceed in March. However, there are a small number of major events that are either impractical to run under the CPF Red setting, or would need to significantly reduce the number of students participating. Please see below a summary of Wellington regional events in March that are either cancelled of postponed:
- Athletics Zone and Regional meetings are postponed till September.
- Waka Ama Regionals are postponed with a provisional date in May to be confirmed shortly.
- Futsal Regionals are postponed, with revised plans pending the School Sport NZ decision on Summer Tournament Week.
- Volleyball Regionals are postponed, with revised plans pending the School Sport NZ decision on Summer Tournament Week.
- 3×3 Senior Basketball and NBA2K Tournament(s) are cancelled.
As this is still clearly a very fluid situation we will naturally keep an eye on developments, and may need to revisit decisions around those events/competitions that are proceeding. Related to this, over the next few days we are expecting a decision by School Sport NZ regarding Summer Tournament Week. Once that decision has been communicated, we will finalise our own plans for various events such as the Futsal and Volleyball Regionals.
We wish you all the best for the upcoming fixtures and hope to provide you with a further update shortly.
College Sport Wellington