NZSS Athletic Nationals – Wellington Athletes Highlights
- Nick Smith (Hutt Valley High School) blasted down the 100m straight to take out the senior boys 100m in a quick 10.61, just 0.01 outside the championship record. Smith went on to win the 200m final in 21.65. Smith was the defending champion in both the 100m and 200m,
- Cam Robinson (Wellington College) was in great form in the senior boy’s javelin hitting a big personal best of 69.68m on his first attempt.
- Rowan Blaikie (Wellington College) 2nd 400m
- Josh Nairne (St Pat’s Town) 3rd 800m
- Eddie Korent (Silverstream) 2nd high jump
- Sean Howe (Wellington College) 2nd shot put and 3rd discus.
- Wellington College 2nd 4 x 400m relay (Finley Tohill, Thomas Stewart, Rowan Blaikie, Patrick White)
- Zion Trigger-Faitele (Scots College) won the discus with 56.24m. This added to his junior shot put title won earlier in the championships, with a throw of 16.62m
- Tim Robinson (Wellington College) emulated his older broth Cam to make it a family double for the boy’s javelin titles. Tim threw 54.43m to secure the junior boys title.
- Harley Patel-Muxlow (Wellington College) 3rd 100mH and 2nd Long Jump
- Xander Manktelow (Wellington College) 3rd High Jump
- Tessa Hunt (Wellington East) won the senior girls 800m in 2:13.08. Hunt went on to win the senior girls 1500m in 4:40.67.
- Josie Reeves (Chilton) 1st High Jump 1.71m
- Wellington Girls’ College 1st 4x400m (Abby Steward, Lucy Hegan, Lily Szabo, Izzy Hegan)
- Kirstie Rae (Wellington East) 3rd senior girls 1500m 4:44.00
- Lucy Hegan (Wellington Girls’) 1st 800m – 2:15.15
- Charlotte Floodsmith-Ryan (Chilton) 2nd 800m 2:15.88
- Isiah Kouka-Albert (Heretaunga) 1st 100m , 1st 200m, 1st long jump
- Ben Ellis (St Pat’s Town) 1st discus