Secondary School Sport Vacancies
A list of sport vacancies at secondary schools and other sport organisations within the greater Wellington region.
Head of Rugby – St Patricks College, Wellington
St Patrick’s College, Wellington, New Zealand’s oldest Catholic boy’s
College, is seeking applications for the Head of Rugby role.
The SPC Rugby Vision here requires an adjustment of this role to provide a short-term and long-term strategic focus on developing (each year) the best performing 1st XV the College can produce.
The successful applicant will have considerable rugby related experience.
This is a fixed term paid role and is based at the College for 25 hours a week from early February to mid-September.
Kieron McCarron, Chair, SPC Rugby Club email@example.com 021 877 841
Applications close on 17 September 2021
1st XV Rugby Coach – St Patricks College, Wellington
St Patrick’s College, Wellington, New Zealand’s oldest Catholic boys’ college, is seeking coaching applications for the 1stXV premier team for the 2022 season.
NOTE: The role of 1stXV Coach is a modestly paid position.
The successful applicant will have a commitment to the SPC Rugby Vision here and a proven record of achievement and knowledge in the following areas:
- An outstanding communicator who can relate well with college-age players and other coaches
- Experience leading, planning and delivering coaching sessions at a high-performance level
- Player centred approach to coaching and player development
- Up to date coaching practices and methodologies aligned to premier-level college rugby
- Qualified to NZRU Advanced Coaching, or enrolled in a WRFU DRC programme to achieve this goal
- Experience with using video-analysis software for player and game analysis
- Self-motivated in updating knowledge and skills
To apply for this role, complete the Application Form and email this together with your rugby resume to: Kieron McCarron, Chair, SPC Rugby Club Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mob. 021 877 841
Applications close: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 5pm
Sports Director – Scots College
Scots College is seeking to appoint a passionate, well organised administrator to direct and coordinate sport in our College. The successful applicant will be a key member of the Co-Curricular Committee and will be accountable for the day-to-day operation and management of sporting activity from Year 7 – Year 13. They will have specific responsibility for the organisation, management and budgeting of all sports codes not overseen by Clubs. This is a permanent appointment ideally to commence early in Term 4, October 2021.
Applicants must be currently located in New Zealand, have a space already booked in NZ MIQ, and as a minimum, hold official NZ residency status. Previous work experience within New Zealand is also desirable.
Scots College is a co-educational IB World School in the Eastern suburbs of Wellington, New Zealand and is comprised of three schools in one; Junior (Years 1-6), Middle (Years 7-10) and Senior (Years 11-13). We offer a vibrant learning environment for our students and recognise that working in groups, thinking critically and solving problems are just as important as the knowledge we give them. At Scots, a future focused education equips each student to thrive now and, in their futures, to learn. For life.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in sports or similar event or team focused management
- A well-developed sporting network and the ability to tap into this to keep up to date with any changes, initiatives etc.
- The ability to promote sport in the College
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational time management skills, willing and able to attend to a number of administrative requirements
- A belief in excellence
- A passion for education
- The ability to manage and motivate
- A commitment to our special character and co-curricular programs, including the willingness to participate in one of these programmes.
If you are motivated by the prospect of either of this interesting and challenging role, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Applications close on Friday 10 September 2021 and are to comprise a covering letter and current CV (including the names of at least three referees). Applications are to be submitted electronically to: email@example.com .
PO Box 15 064, Miramar
Tel: 04 388 0854
Volleyball Coaches – Hutt Valley High School
“Volleyball Coaches Wanted!
Hutt Valley High School is currently seeking passionate volleyball coaches for the 2021/2022 summer season.
Volleyball is one of the fastest growing sports at HVHS, and to keep up with the demand for players and teams, we are looking for volunteers who can provide quality coaching and support to our young students. This is also a great opportunity for tertiary students looking to add to their coaching portfolio.
We are looking for volunteer coaches who:
- Are passionate about development and supporting young athletes to participate and engage in volleyball at secondary school level.
- Are available from 4pm on Wednesdays or 4pm on Fridays for matches, plus 1-2 hours of training.
- Previous playing/ coaching experience is preferred, but not essential.
If you are interested in coaching volleyball, or if there are other ways in which you want to be a part of the HVHS volley family, please get in touch with the Sports Office at firstname.lastname@example.org