Secondary School Sport Vacancies
A list of sport vacancies at secondary schools and other sport organisations within the greater Wellington region.
Director of Rugby/ 1st XV Head Coach – St Bernard’s College
This is Part Time Fixed Term Position with hours per week to be negotiated and start time to be 1st February 2021 through to the end of the College Rugby Season. To apply please send a letter of application to Office@sbc.school.nz at St Bernard’s College including a current CV
A Position Description is available upon request.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Thursday 29th October 2020
Basketball Senior A Boys Coach – Hutt Valley High School
Hutt Valley High School is seeking applications for coaching roles for our Senior A boys basketball team for the 2021 season. Suitable applicants will preferably have coaching qualifications in Basketball and have experience to work with and engage young people. This role is of a voluntary nature and will require you to be available 2-3 training sessions a week plus on match days each Friday evening during the basketball season. The successful applicants will be required to work with the Director of Sport and the Basketball Committee. Please ensure to include any relevant CV in your application.
Applications to be emailed or posted by Friday 6th November 2020 to:
Director of Sport
Hutt Valley High School
Private Bag 31909
Lower Hutt 5040
If you are interested in coaching at other levels in 2021 please register your interest to the email address above. Please share this with all your FB friends and interested parties.
St Patrick’s College, Wellington – 1stXV Rugby Coach
St Patrick’s College, Wellington is seeking coaching applications for the 1stXV premier rugby team for the 2021 season.
This will be a paid position.
Successful applicants will have a proven record of achievement and knowledge in the following areas:
- An outstanding communicator who can relate well with college-age players
- Experience leading, planning and delivering coaching sessions at a high-performance level
- Player centered approach to coaching and player development
- Up to date coaching practices and methodologies aligned to premier-level college rugby
- Qualified to NZRU Advance Coaching, or enrolled in a WRFU DRC programme to achieve this goal
- Experience with using video-analysis software for player and game analysis
- Self-motivated in updating knowledge and skills
To apply for this role complete the Application Form and email this together with your rugby resume to: Director of Sport, St Patrick’s College, Wellington: firstname.lastname@example.org | mob. 021663754
St Patrick’s College, Wellington – Director of Cricket
St Patrick’s College, Wellington, is seeking applications for the newly established role of Director of Cricket.
The Successful applicant will:
- have a minimum of Level 2 NZC coaching qualification
- be able to manage the administration functions for cricket at the College
- act as a role model for young sportsmen
- be legally entitled to work in NZ
- be available for the following coaching commitments: 1st XI games on Saturday, Traditional games in Feb-March, run SPC Cricket Academy sessions before school
This is a fixed term paid role based at College for 25 hours per week from late-September to early April.
To apply for the role, email your cricket resume and cover letter to Jonathan Millmow, Director of Sport at St Patrick’s College: email@example.com